Want to improve your school board's effectiveness?
Start by taking the complimentary Annual Board Development Tool online survey. Created by School Perceptions and the Wisconsin Association of School Boards (WASB), the survey is designed to help boards identify their areas of strength and alignment as well as where further dialogue and discussion is needed.
Access to the Tool is complimentary for all WASB members.
Using the Key Work of School Boards as the foundation, the Annual Board Development Tool allows board members to rate their work on:
• Board Operations
• Data-Driven Decision Making
• District Operations
• Community Engagement
Board members have the ability to participate on their own schedules, allowing time for individual education and reflection. Once a district completes the survey, it can access its own aggregate results. Upon request, School Perceptions will provide a written report (fee-based) that provides:
- Itemized state comparison
- Itemized longitudinal comparison
- Itemized index to the Key Work of School Boards
If a report is requested, the WASB will provide an additonal, complimentary analysis with recommendations for next steps.The results will only be useful when the board reviews and uses the data to drive planning. The WASB is happy to facilitate the conversation and assist you with the development of your plan.
Recommended next steps may include working with WASB staff and /or consultants on Customized Leadership Services.
1. Use any computer with Internet access.
2. Go to the website www.survey2000.com.
3. Enter the Survey Access Number you received at your WASB Fall Regional Meeting.
4. To view the aggregate results after each member of your board has completed the survey, go to access.schoolperceptions.com and enter in the special project code and password included in the administration packet given to your board at the WASB Fall Regional Meeting.
Individual member and district codes to access the survey are distributed each year at the WASB Fall Regional Meetings. For those districts not in attendance at the Fall Regional Meetings, informational packets with the unique codes are mailed in November. If your district needs another copy of its packet or if you have any questions about how to access the survey, please contact Sheri Krause, WASB Communications Director at 608-512-1705 or email@example.com.
Unique codes are generated each year so be sure to use the codes generated for that year.