Advocacy and Government Relations Services
The WASB positions on policy issues are generally decided by the WASB Delegate Assembly, which is comprised of one representative from each member school board and CESA board of control. The Delegate Assembly meets annually at the time of the WASB-WASDA-WASBO State Education Convention in January. The process begins months earlier with the Policy and Resolutions Committee comprised of 25 school board members from across the state.
The Policy and Resolutions Committee evaluates the resolutions submitted by WASB member boards and determines which resolutions will advance to the next Delegate Assembly. Resolutions turned down by the committee are still afforded an opportunity to be brought to the Delegate Assembly floor.
Resolutions are due each year by Sept. 15. Contact the WASB government relations staff for additional information.
2018 DELEGATE ASSEMBLY
- Final Report to the Membership on Resolutions Adopted by the 2018 Delegate Assembly
- Final Report to the Membership on Proposed 2018 Resolutions
- 2018 Delegate Assembly Reporter
2017 DELEGATE ASSEMBLY
- 2017 Resolutions Adopted by Delegate Assemblies Book
- Final Report to the Membership on Resolutions Adopted by the 2017 Delegate Assembly
- Final Report to the Membership on Proposed 2017 Resolutions