Delegate Assembly & Resolutions
Member school boards initiate this process by adopting board resolutions on various K-12 education-related topics and submitting them to the WASB by a Sept. 15 deadline.
Once these resolutions are submitted, the Policy and Resolutions Committee, comprised of about 25 school board members appointed each year from across the state, reviews and evaluates them to determine which ones will advance to the Delegate Assembly.
The resolutions adopted the Delegate Assembly become official positions of the WASB and are published in our resolutions book (see below).
For more on this process and how the WASB uses the resolutions to determine the positions we take on bills, see the below video narrated by Government Relations Specialist Chris Kulow:
The Resolutions Adopted by Delegate Assemblies book contains the collected policy positions adopted by Delegate Assemblies throughout the years.
The Delegate Assembly is comprised of one representative from each member school board and CESA board of control and meets annually at the time of the WASB-WASDA-WASBO State Education Convention in January.
2021 DELEGATE ASSEMBLY (Virtual)
- Adopted 2021 Resolutions
- Recording of 2021 Delegate Assembly
- Recording of Jan. 19 Policy and Resolutions Committee Meeting
- 2021 Delegate Orientation Video
- 2021 Delegate Assembly Meeting Information
- Visual Guide to Zoom Features for Delegate Assembly
- 2021 Delegate Information Packets Webpage
- Proposed 2021 Resolutions