Announcing the 2021 School Music Showcase!
The Wisconsin Association of School Boards and the Wisconsin School Music Association co-sponsor an annual Music Showcase for Wisconsin students in grades 9-12.
The top three performance groups selected are invited to perform at the State Education Convention. The audience will comprise of 1,000-2,000 school board members, district administrators and school business officials from around the state.
Celebrate your district’s music programs and students by submitting an audition for this year’s showcase.
Application for Performance
One Music Showcase performance opens each of three general sessions at the convention. Performance date, time, location and other details will be communicated following the selection process.
*Due to this year’s unique circumstances, districts are welcome to submit a recording from earlier in the school year or resubmit the recordings that were submitted last year for the 2020 State Education Convention.
Prepare your audition recording. Submit it electronically following the directions on the Wisconsin School Music Association website at wsmamusic.org/ShowcaseApply.
Please fill out the form accurately as the information will be used for letters, certificates, publications, etc.
All applications and auditions must be postmarked/submitted by Friday, June 5, 2020. Selection notifications will be made by September 11, 2020.
- Any group from Wisconsin public schools grade 9-12 may apply.
- Groups are limited to 60 students.
- Create an audition recording no longer than 15 minutes.
- Do not identify the name of the school on the audio recording.
- A stipend will be provided to each performance group compliments of the WASBO Foundation. Costs above this stipend are the responsibility of the sponsoring district.
- The performance at the convention will be 15 minutes in length.
If you have any questions, contact Theresa McKinley of the WSMA at 608-850-3566 or Sheri Krause of the WASB at 608-512-1705 or email@example.com.
Important 2020 Dates
June 5: Submission Deadline
Sept. 11: Acceptance Notification
Sponsored by the
Wisconsin School Music Association
Wisconsin Association of School