The Senate Committee on Education and the Committee on Judiciary and Public Safety are holding public hearings on Thursday, October 14 on bills related to K-12 education that we are following. Both hearings are scheduled to be covered LIVE on WisconsinEye.
Senate Committee on Judiciary and Public Safety, 10 a.m., 411 South, State Capitol
- Senate Bill 585 Relating to: reporting certain crimes and other incidents that occur on school property or school transportation and granting rule-making authority.
Senate Committee on Education, 10:30 a.m., 300 Southeast, State Capitol
- Senate Bill 423 Relating to: payments to an independent charter school authorized by a tribal college.
- Assembly Bill 420 Relating to: payments to an independent charter school authorized by a tribal
- Senate Bill 555 Relating to: required subjects in a human growth and development instructional program.
- Senate Bill 587 Relating to: state aid payments for pupils in grades kindergarten to 12 who transfer schools due to the existence or absence of mandates regarding pupil face coverings or COVID-19 vaccines; school district membership in an interscholastic athletic association in the 2021-22 school year; and making an appropriation.
- Senate Bill 608 Relating to: the prior year pupil attendance requirement to participate in the Racine Parental Choice Program or the statewide parental choice program and allowing a pupil who changes residence to transfer from the Racine Parental Choice Program or Milwaukee Parental Choice Program to the statewide parental choice program.
- Senate Bill 567 Relating to: requiring school boards to report information regarding credit recovery courses.
- Assembly Bill 561 Relating to: requiring school boards to report information regarding credit recovery courses.
- Senate Bill 589 Relating to: the Foundations of Reading test licensure requirement.